Tuesday 20 January 2015

LIFE CHANGING READS #2: HOW KRISTA & BECCA RITCHIE RESTORED MY FAITH IN NA GENRE

LIFE CHANGING READS is occasional blog feature in which I talk about books that recently (or in the past) had a big impact on me and left me in the state of slight addiction in one form or another.


If you asked me couple of weeks ago what I thought about New Adult genre, I would tell you that this genre was practically dead to me and attention-worthy NA novels were only very rare almost extinct species. I was truly struggling with NA novels in 2014. I even got to the point when I deliberately avoided a book if it was labelled as NA novel. Nothing surprised me, nothing hold my attention and all narrators annoyed me. There was 99% success rate of me hating or DNF-ing NA novels that I read last year.

Then, two weeks ago, Krista and Becca Ritchie entered my life. I picked up Addicted To You, first book in their Addicted series and I was pleasantly surprised. I fell so hard in love with writing, characters and story itself that I decided to put all my ARCs aside and marathon whole Addicted and Calloway Sisters series together. Let me tell you, book-wise, it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Books by Ritchie twins have everything I used to love about NA novels. Complex and flawed but unique and lovable characters. Highly addictive storyline with right amount of deep emotions. Great balance between angst, steam and comical relief. I am fan for life. (I have a special review post ready to go live in week or two where I will review whole Addicted series. I can't wait to share my thoughts with you all!)

What is a lesson I learned? When written by right authors, NA genre is still alive and kicking. And when it comes to my tastes, Krista and Becca Ritchie are definitely right people for it. Thank you Krista & Becca for making me believe in NA genre again!

HAVE SOMETHING SIMILAR HAPPENED TO YOU? WHAT AUTHOR/BOOK/SERIES HELPED YOU TO RE-EVALUATE YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO GIVEN GENRE? HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT NEW ADULT GENRE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU :)

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.