Tuesday 1 December 2015

REVIEW: LONG WAY DOWN BY KRISTA & BECCA RITCHIE - EMOTIONAL CONCLUSION TO ONE-OF-A-KIND SERIES

Long Way Down (Calloway Sisters #4)

Written by: Krista & Becca Ritchie

Genre: New Adult Contemporary 

Release date: Novembe 20th 2015

Purchase: Amazon / B&N / Kobo

         
          
With a seven-year age difference, Ryke & Daisy have faced an uphill battle in the eyes of the world and their families. Known as the most adventurous, fast-paced couple — their next step has always been elusive to the rabid media.

Behind the scenes, heartbreaking troubles continue to test Ryke & Daisy’s resilience and shape their future together.

They promise: To never slow down. To never compromise who they are. To never abandon their love for each other.

But preserving their happiness also means adding more risks. Ones that Connor Cobalt wouldn’t even take. As a professional free-solo climber, Ryke is no stranger to risk, but his next step with Daisy wagers more than just his health.

With their lives on the line, Ryke & Daisy head towards the vast, wild unknown in this epic final conclusion to the Addicted series.

***Authors' Note***
It's possible to only read the Calloway Sisters spin-off series without reading the Addicted series, but you MUST read Fuel the Fire (Calloway Sisters #3) before reading Long Way Down (Calloway Sisters #4).

It's highly recommended to read the books in the recommended reading order, which is in tangent with the Addicted series. 


MY REVIEW:




I have a big and probably unpopular confession to make. (No rotten tomatoes, please!) I never truly liked Raisy and Hothouse Flower is my least favorite book in series (even though it is still better than many other NA novels out there). There were many reasons why Ryke and Daisy never worked for me as a couple before. It was mainly Daisy's recklessness in comparison with Ryke's selflessness. They just weren't a good match in my opinion and their risk-taking has always made me feel very uncomfortable. I absolutely loved how Daisy's relationships with her older sisters developed throughout the series. I adored Ryke's special relationships with Lo and Connor. Simply said, I liked them as a part of Addicted gang but I never shipped Ryke & Daisy, I was never a fan of them as a couple. Until now. This book changed it! Ryke's & Daisy's risk-taking was finally properly addressed in this instalment and now I understand them and like them as a couple even if I still don't 100% agree with their lifestyle.


- RYKE - 



I have always held great respect towards Ryke. He earned my admiration pretty early in the series but he positively surprised me in this book again. His selfless and giving nature has no bounds and I applaud Krista & Becca Ritchie for creating such an admirable character.


- DAISY - 



Daisy Calloway is all grown up. While this phrase was applied in Hothouse Flower to describe Daisy's looks, I think that this phrase fits Daisy in this book in mental sense as well. Because whereas in previous books I always found moments when I was annoyed by Daisy, I'm happy to say that I finally saw eye to eye with her in this novel. Daisy underwent huge personal transformation process to reach mental maturity throughout this series and I dare to say that it was partly because of adult-like problems she had to face in this book. She is still the most reckless one out of whole gang but at least she isn't irritating anymore. Once again, I have to applaud Krista & Becca Ritchie for such realistic and believable character development.


- OVERALL - 


Do you need more reasons to read this book (series)? First of all, I absolutely love how Krista & Becca Ritchie can use the most basic every-day real-life events, compose them into the story and make intense and captivating reading experience out of them. Secondly, both authors are perfect at creating touching and realistic family moments (brotherly, sisterly, parental, etc.) in their books. Yes, there were tears while I read this book. Krista & Becca are that good. Long Way Down is an emotional conclusion to ONE-OF-A-KIND series and I incite you to start this series right now if you haven't done so yet!

HAVE YOU STARTED THIS SERIES YET?
WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE COUPLE?

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.