Sunday 18 December 2016

THE BEST OF ALL THINGS BOOKISH (EDITION 2016)

The end of the year is quickly approaching and even though I am super busy at work and with Christmas preparations, annual recap is always fun post to do, so here is mine for 2016.



STATISTICS:


This year, I challenged myself only to 50 books. Considering I read 55, I am content.
Moreover, I experienced a lot of reading slumps this year, which led to plenty of re-reads.



DNF-ied BOOKS:



RE-READ BOOKS:




FAVORITE SHIPS OF THE YEAR:





THE BEST NEW-TO-ME AUTHOR:


Last month I came across trailer for TV show called The Last Kingdom and I was intrigued. Especially when I found out that it was based on book series. So of course I had to check it out and read it. And I fell in love. I fell completely in love with Bernard Cornwell's writing style, with his characters, with the way he tells the story. I am still in the middle of reading his The Saxon Stories series, but I will be posting huge review as soon as I finish them all. Stay tuned.



FAVORITE GENRE OF THE YEAR:


This year brought revival of my love for Stephen King's stories. I have always thought that books by Stephen King were in their own category. And novels like 11/22/63 and Under the Dome reminded me why I love his books so much.



FAVORITE COVERS OF 2016:


I could stare at these pretties forever.



THE BIGGEST (POSITIVE) SURPRISES:


Sometimes I go into book with zero expectations. And then if I love the book, I enjoy it twofold.
I am happy to say that I read a lot books in 2016 that fit this category, here are my favorites.



DISAPPOINTMENTS OF 2016:


You can read my reviews to find out details why these books did not work for me at all (Into the Dim, Right of First Refusal, One True Loves). Either way I do not recommend these books!



TOP FAVORITE READS OF 2016:


I simply could not pick only one book as my top favorite read of the year. I love all three novels equally, but for different reasons. I had huge book hangovers when I finished reading every single one of them and for me they are the best books that were released this year!



FAVORITE BOOK MOMENT OF THE YEAR:


Last year, I shared with you my top three favorite parts/scenes of the books. This year, whenever I have been thinking about the book that had the biggest impact on me as a reader, I always came to one story - 11/22/63 by Stephen King. Here are my thoughts and reading updates to give you a sense of how much this book means to me.





WHAT WERE YOUR BEST AND WORST READS OF 2016?
WHAT NEW GREAT AUTHORS OR BLOGS DID YOU DISCOVER?


Never Miss a Post:

Follow

author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.