Sunday 18 October 2015

REVIEW: FANGIRLING OVER SIX OF CROWS

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Published by: Henry Holt and Company

Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Release date: September 29th 2015

Purcase: Amazon / B&N / Kobo

        
          
Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

A convict with a thirst for revenge.

A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.

A runaway with a privileged past.

A spy known as the Wraith.

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.

Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.  

MY REVIEW:


This time I'm going to do something different for my review. Firstly, I will introduce all six main characters. Secondly, I will state the list of reasons that made me fall in love with this story, reasons that makes this book stand out among other fantasy novels. Than I will just fangirl over how awesome this book is. So let's fangirl with me!


Meet Kaz Brekker's crew from SIX OF CROWS:









What makes SIX OF CROWS the best fantasy of 2015?

#1:

It is darker, more gruesome and more thrilling than whole Grisha trilogy or many other YA fantasy novels.

#2:

Storytelling was at the highest level. I was hooked nonstop since the first chapter.

#3:

It is one of the most creative YA fantasy novels I have ever read. My mind and my imagination were in heaven!

#4:

Banters were PERFECT and FUN (especially if Kaz was involved).

#5:

It is the kind of book that makes you want to re-read immediately after you finished it because you don't want to be away from the characters even for a second.

#6:

Characters are to die for. Flawed, complex, with complicated pasts but fierce and lovable in their own way. Mrs. Bardugo went very deep into the minds of all six main characters and result is brilliant.

#7:

Multiple POVs and unique voice for every one of characters (I loved being in everyone's head!).

#8:

TWO absolutely perfect ships to ship and multiple swoon-worthy moments to savor!


That's it. *sigh* I still cannot believe how perfect this novel is, how deep these characters got under my skin. Now I need to wait until September 2016 for the sequel - Empire of Crows. That leaves me with plenty of time to repeatedly re-read first book, right? Because even after couple of days since I finished Six of Crows, I still don't feel like reading anything else.

HAVE YOU READ SIX OF CROWS? WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE "CROW"?
WHAT WAS THE LAST NOVEL THAT LEFT YOU WITH BOOK HANGOVER?

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.