Saturday 25 July 2015

STACKING THE SHELVES: July 2015

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.



This is probably the first month in a very long time that I did not request or receive any ARC. I managed to catch up with all my ARCs in July and decided to take a break and read some older books and fanfic stories that have been piling up on my virtual shelf instead of requesting new ARCs. I have to admit that it is very freeing feeling to have zero pressure to review specific books.


E-BOOKS (READ):


..

Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson (5 STARS)

This is a winner guys! A YA historical novel I have been waiting for. Full review coming next month

Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati (4 STARS)

With my new found love for historical fiction (thanks to Outlander) and with my love for Last of Mohicans movie, it was just question of time when I would read this book. And I am glad that I chose it for my summer read. I got somehow lighter read than I expected but I enjoyed it nonetheless and I definitely plan to read next instalment!

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella (3 STARS)

Finding Audrey reminded me of sit-coms from 90s = unrealistic characters, over-the-top situations but funny if you want to turn-off your brain and relax. I didn't like the narration and writing style of this novel, but it made me laugh (which does not happen often with books) so I'm going with middle road of 3 stars. In case mental illness is a sensitive topic for you, I would like to warn you that author connects mental illness and comedy in this book. It is a fiction so I didn't mind, but I just wanted to give you a heads up.


MY JULY BLOG REVIEWS:


...







WHAT DID YOU MISS THIS MONTH?

I posted only 1 non-review feature this month, you can check it out here:




WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO?

As always,  I have new special topic for Two Quick Reviews feature ready for you.
Moreover, I will be back with new discussion post in August so stay tuned :)


What did you add to your shelves recently?
Have you read any of above mentioned books?

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.