Wednesday 11 June 2014

REVIEW: Find You in the Dark by A. Meredith Walters


Find You in the Dark (#1)

Written by: A. Meredith Walters

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Purchase: AmazonB&N 


 

Synopsis:

Maggie Young had the market on normal. Normal friends, normal parents, normal grades.. normal life. Until him.

Clayton Reed was running from his past and an army of personal demons that threatened to take him down. He never thought he had a chance at happiness. Until her.

Maggie thought their love could overcome anything. Clay thought she was all he needed to fix his messy life. That together, they could face the world. But the darkness is always waiting.

Sometimes the greatest obstacle to true love is within yourself.


* 3 STARS * Review:


Maggie is opinionated and straightforward 17-years-old teenager with normal life. But when secluded and unpredictable new boy comes to school, her life is about to be completely changed...


What started as ordinary teenage romance story, turned into intense and gut-wrenching story of two young people who learnt the hardest way that love and friendship are not always enough to solve real big problems in your life. This story shows us the disastrous consequences of obsessive and dysfunctional teenage love and believe me, it was not easy to read about.


I have to admit that I really liked author's depiction of teenagers and their thinking. She managed to describe typical teenage behaviour and feelings to a T. Yes, she may have touched some clichés but otherwise, I was impressed with her storytelling skills and I definitely plan to read more by this author.

However, I struggled with paying 100% attention when reading this book. It just never grabbed me, it never captivated me. I was never living this story together with characters. I read some other books dealing with the same isuess of mental illness and unfortunatelly Find You in the Dark did not reach its potential in my eyes.


author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.