Tuesday 5 November 2013

REVIEW: Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

(Covenant series #5)

Genre: YA Paranormal 


Synopsis:

It's a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.

  * 4 STARS * Review:

My Alex and Aiden:


I was sad, yet excited to start this final instalment. Once again, Jennifer L. Aremntrout managed to write exciting and thrilling story, full of Greek myths coming alive in our contemporary world. This may not be my favourite part of series, but I was still able to enjoy it a lot!

If you for whatever reason have not read this series yet, you should do so now. If not for action-packed, gut-wrenching storyline, than read it because of Aiden St. Deplhi. I am not sure if I have ever read about more devoted, loyal and loving male character before. He is just perfect!

I cannot really talk about this book without giving spoilers. So all I am going to say is that even though I enjoyed this book and was ok with ending, I did not love it. So why not 5 stars? Firstly, I felt like climax was in Apollyon and this was just aftermath. Story was a little bit repetitive, nothing completely new or shocking has happened in this book. Also, I know that this was Alex's and Aiden's story, but after so much time I had spent with this series, there was no proper goodbye with supporting characters. Everything ended so abruptly.

I highly recommend this series to all YA paranormal readers! It is definitely my favourite series when it comes to Greek mythology!!!
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.